Hey people! My new EP Birdsong is now available on all streaming platforms and through Bandcamp. You can find the link to it here or on my Bandcamp. The video for the single, Lakefront, is embedded below.
pictured: me, a week ago 2021 was an... eventful year. Certainly more eventful than 2020, but equally, if not more scarring. With wrapping up my sophomore year of college and entering my junior year, there were plenty of ups, downs, and opportunities. Didn't love it, didn't hate it though! Some sure-fire highlights were getting to interview Ilan Rubin , completing the Capstone Challenge with Braven, and managing to pull a lot of really cool things together behind the scenes I can't quite talk about, music-wise. Speaking of music, some amazing albums came out this year. My list of favorites is below. I wanted to thank you folks for being good to me, I'm thankful I've made as many new friends this year as I have. It's been a really tough one emotionally and to have good people to turn to is a privilege. I'm glad I managed to get back to my job and glad I'm able to do what I do. A big struggle has been keeping motivated in just... all aspects of my life. I ...
*FOR MARKETING CLASS* Hey everybody, So it's been a minute since I've checked in! I've been rolling along with the Grief in Cycles shows and the records have been doing well. I wanted to catch up and talk about a few things, mainly the latest happenings with my projects right now and then go over the larger plan for next year. Regarding the work behind Care Center, it's on hold right now. Nick and I are both busy with our respective main projects. Pray for Death is going into the studio this summer to record our debut album, and the solo stuff is still fresh, so there's nothing on that radar right now. Since we're at the halfway point of the year, I figured this would be a good time to talk about some plans for a larger-scale thing I want to make happen. I bring it up now because it's something that is going to be immense to pull together and make happen. Within the next year I plan to launch Chicago Record Swap, a bi-annual event hosted at the beginning an...
So I figured I might as well answer a quick question for those wondering about why the heck I've been doing so much solo music! Not to fear, Vanity Contest is still active and hard at work with new material. I figured for a while I might as well explain why there's an "about me" tab when I only have two major releases... right? If you scroll a bit further, there's a TON of material that's from my earliest days of doing music. Those records from 2018 and back are all my earliest recordings and links to where you can find them. I was embarrassed by them for the longest time and took me a really long time to feel comfortable about them. For every half-decent idea, there were about 30 terrible ones. I was just learning how to use DAWs and just using my phone and whatever Garageband synth plugins I could find that I liked. Yeah, they're flawed, but it's my roots! The earliest gasps of Vanity Contest, for cryin' out loud! It took me a long time to accept...
Comments
Post a Comment